Moodle Upgrade Project - User acceptance testing

Moodle Upgrade Project - User acceptance testing

by Mark Findlay -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Moodle User,

(sorry if you receive this invitation a few times)

As you may already know, we are implementing an upgrade to the Moodle VLE in July 2016. We need assistance with the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for this upgrade (within Moodle Test) on week begining 20th June.

We would need about an 1.5 hour testing time from you, which can be carried out any time between 20th - 24th June. All logins and scripts will be provided on the testing day and you can run the UAT from your office desk/home. We will need all completed UAT scripts, with feedback, returned by Friday 24th June, by 5pm.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. We would ideally like at least one person per programme team using Moodle to be involved with the UAT.

If you have not completed a UAT before then please do email me for more information. I am happy to explain the process and give more detail about why we run UAT. Your input to this UAT process is vital to the success of the Moodle upgrade roll out.

Email me directly (mark.findlay@ed.ac.uk) if you have time where you can can assist with UAT? Can you also confirm whether you are a PC or Mac user and which browser you would prefer to test on? Additionally, if you are interested in carrying out UAT via a tablet device then please email me to discuss this additional testing and arrangement.

If you would like to be involved in testing but cannot assist on either of the dates then do also email me and we can see if alternative arrangements can be made.

Please share this email with any colleagues, who are using Moodle, and you think may be interested in assisting us,

Thank you in advance for your time,

Moodle Service Team.